Find a roofer in Galena, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Galena, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Galena
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Galena, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Galena, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Galena, IL. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.