Find a roofer in Fulton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Fulton, Illinois. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Fulton, Illinois
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fulton, Illinois, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.