Find a roofer in Freeport, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At what point should I think about getting a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When during the year is best for a roofing job?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Freeport, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Freeport, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.