Find a roofer in Freeburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Freeburg, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Freeburg, IL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.