Find a roofer in Franklin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual duration to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Franklin, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can approximate the hours for the project.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofing contractors for a replacement project?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What sort of prices are associated with fixing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Franklin, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Franklin, IL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.