Find a roofer in Franklin Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Franklin Park, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Franklin Park
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Franklin Park, IL
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Franklin Park, IL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.