Find a roofer in Franklin Grove, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Franklin Grove, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Franklin Grove, IL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.