Find a roofer in Frankfort, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Frankfort
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the standard rate charged by roofing professionals for a replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix a roof top?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Frankfort, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Frankfort, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Frankfort, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.