Find a roofer in Flanagan, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers normally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What cost can be expected to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Flanagan, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Flanagan, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.