Find a roofer in Farmington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Farmington, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Farmington, IL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.