Find a roofer in Farmer City, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Farmer City, Illinois. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Farmer City, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Farmer City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Farmer City, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Farmer City, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Farmer City, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your home now.