Find a roofer in Fairview Heights, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofing specialist?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate price range for repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the average price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Fairview Heights, Illinois. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Fairview Heights, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Fairview Heights, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.