Find a roofer in Fairfield, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Fairfield, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Fairfield, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fairfield, IL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.