Find a roofer in Elvaston, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Elvaston, IL
If you need roofing maintenance services in Elvaston, IL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Elvaston, IL. Find the right contractor for your house right away.