Find a roofer in Elkville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Elkville, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Elkville, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Elkville, Illinois. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Elkville, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your home now.