Find a roofer in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Elk Grove Village, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Elk Grove Village
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
At what point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are affiliated with fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.