Find a roofer in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Elk Grove Village, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Elk Grove Village, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Elk Grove Village
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Elk Grove Village, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Elk Grove Village, IL. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Elk Grove Village, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.