Find a roofer in Elgin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Elgin, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Elgin
Roofing Maintenance Services in Elgin, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Elgin, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Elgin, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your home today.