Find a roofer in Effingham, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Effingham, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Effingham, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Effingham, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.