Find a roofer in Edwardsville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I estimate for rooftop maintenance?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Edwardsville, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Edwardsville, IL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.