Find a roofer in East Dubuque, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Dubuque, IllinoisHome // Illinois // East Dubuque
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in East Dubuque, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in East Dubuque, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in East Dubuque, IL. Find the right contractor for your property today.