Find a roofer in East Alton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the perfect season to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near East Alton, IL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in East Alton, IL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.