Find a roofer in Dundee, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Dundee, Illinois. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Dundee, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Dundee
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Dundee, Illinois
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Dundee, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Dundee, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your property today.