Find a roofer in Downers Grove, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Downers Grove, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Downers Grove
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Downers Grove, Illinois
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Downers Grove, Illinois, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Downers Grove, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.