Find a roofer in Dix, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Dix, Illinois
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Dix, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.