Find a roofer in Dekalb, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Dekalb, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Dekalb
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Dekalb, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Dekalb, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.