Find a roofer in Cornell, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Cornell, Illinois. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Cornell, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Cornell, Illinois. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Cornell, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.