Find a roofer in Congerville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Congerville, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Congerville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Congerville, Illinois
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Congerville, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.