Find a roofer in Cicero, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Cicero
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain a roof top?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much do most roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Cicero, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cicero, Illinois. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cicero, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.