Find a roofer in Chicago, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Chicago, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Chicago
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Chicago, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Chicago, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Chicago, IL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.