Find a roofer in Cherry Valley, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Cherry Valley, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Cherry Valley, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Cherry Valley, Illinois. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.