Find a roofer in Chatham, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Chatham, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Chatham, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.