Find a roofer in Charleston, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is best for roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Charleston, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
When is a roof inspection required?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Charleston, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Charleston, Illinois. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.