Find a roofer in Casey, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Casey, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Casey, Illinois. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Casey, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your property today.