Find a roofer in Carrollton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Carrollton, Illinois
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Carrollton, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Carrollton, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your house right away.