Find a roofer in Carpentersville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Carpentersville, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Carpentersville
Roofing Maintenance Services near Carpentersville, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Carpentersville, Illinois. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.