Find a roofer in Carol Stream, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Carol Stream
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the regular cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Carol Stream, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Carol Stream, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.