Find a roofer in Carol Stream, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Carol Stream, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Carol Stream
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Carol Stream, IL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Carol Stream, IL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.