Find a roofer in Carlyle, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Carlyle, IL
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Carlyle, IL, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.