Find a roofer in Carlinville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Carlinville, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Carlinville, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Carlinville, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.