Find a roofer in Camp Point, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Camp Point, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Camp Point, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Camp Point, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.