Find a roofer in Caledonia, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Caledonia, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Caledonia, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.