Find a roofer in Burbank, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Burbank, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Burbank
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Burbank, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Burbank, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.