Find a roofer in Brookfield, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brookfield, IllinoisRoofing // Illinois // Brookfield
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be evaluated?
Most roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofing experts for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to fix the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Brookfield, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Brookfield, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.