Find a roofer in Broadview, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Broadview, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Broadview
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Broadview, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Broadview, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Broadview, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.