Find a roofer in Broadlands, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Broadlands, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers normally price their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What sort of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Broadlands, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Broadlands, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.