Find a roofer in Braidwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Illinois // Braidwood
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I estimate for rooftop maintenance?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the regular cost per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time to rebuild a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Braidwood, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Braidwood, IL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Braidwood, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.