Find a roofer in Bethalto, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
During which time of the year should I book services with a roofing contractor?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Bethalto, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Bethalto, IL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.