Find a roofer in Berwyn, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Berwyn, IllinoisHome // Illinois // Berwyn
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Berwyn, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Berwyn, Illinois. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.