Find a roofer in Benton, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the best season for roofing projects?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time for a roof replacement?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Benton, IL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Benton, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Benton, IL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Benton, IL. Find the right contractor for your property right away.